Grupo Aduanal Galván SC Lázaro Cárdenas Branch
Large office for the attention of customs operations, located in a central zone and with easy access to main avenues.
Currently, the Seaport of Lázaro Cárdenas has been called “The Port without Limits” due to the conditions that it has gathered, which at the same time have become advantages with other domestic ports, among them the following:
– Geographic location: Lázaro Cárdenas is located in the Mexican Pacific coast, making it a direct connection to the Asian market
– It is the seaport with the greatest depth in the country: 18 meters at its access channel and 16.5 meters in its natural draught, allowing it to receive Seventh Generation ships with capacity for 12,500 TEU’S, approximately 6,200 40´containers.
- Security system through a CCTV with which handling and movement of freight can be supervised.
- Port closest to the Valley of Mexico and to the main producing area of the country’s fruit exports: Uruapan.
- The country’s most modern customs facilities are under construction.
It has the largest container terminal development in the country with 122 hectares. Currently its cargo capacity is of 210 movements (lifting or lowering containers) per hour in three docking positions, 400 positions for prior in open sky and 150 positions for prior under roof.
Railway Connections: There is railway service for freight transportation, which connects with the most important commercial cities, such as Mexico (Pantaco), Queretaro, Toluca, Monterrey, Altamira (Tampico), SLP, Veracruz, Nuevo Laredo, and it also connects with the East Coast of the United States where it has as potential market cities like Houston, LA (Long Beach), Oakland, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver, among others.
– Highway Infrastructure: The Federal and State Governments built the highway that connects Lázaro Cárdenas with major domestic cities, thereby offering a safe transportation of goods.